A record number of applications were received for French Embassy – Krishnakriti Fellowsgip 2016 – 17 to study in France.
Applicants ranged from diverse backgrounds, geographical locations and had only one thing in common – An ambition to reach ever higher milestones.
Here are a few facts that stood out from statistical analysis of the applicant data:
- Entries were received from 23 States and 2 Union Territories (India has 29 States and 7 Union Territories).
- This represents approximately 79% states of India.
- The State of West Bengal sent in the highest number of entries at 31%, followed by Delhi (14.35%) and Gujarat (7.41%). Kerala, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra followed closely.
- Men comprised of 61.57% of the applicants while women came in at 38.43% of applicants.
- The State of West Bengal sent the highest number of women applicants (31.33%), followed closely by Delhi (15.66%) and Gujarat (14.46%)
- Applicants ranged in age from 21 – 28 and the ages from 23 – 28 were uniformly distributed.
- a slightly higher number of applicants celebrate their birthday in June (12.04%) versus the average of 8% for the rest of the months.
- Nearly 70.83% of the applicants had a Masters Degree in Fine-arts.
- 71% of Women who applied had a Masters Degree versus Men at a slightly lower rate (7.68%)
- 80.09% of the Applicants applied for the fellowship for the first time.
- 84.72% of the Applicants do not know how to Read / Write / Speak the French language.
- 63.43% of the Applicants have a valid passport.
- 99.07% of the Applicants have their personal bank account.
- 81% of the Applicants have their PAN Cards.
It was an interesting exercise for us to help us understand our applicants better and tailor the programs to suit their needs better.
Please let us know by Feedback if we can improve our processes and make the Fellowship Application process better.