Bonjour-India Festival, The Alliance Française of Hyderabad, Krishnakriti Foundation, Taj Banjara and Seagram 100 Pipers with the support of Culture France and The French Embassy present
Irresistable Music from Ivory Coast
Dobet Gnahoré, a singer, dancer and percussionist from the Ivory Coast inherits the “Bété” tradition from her father, Boni Gnahoré, a master percussionist, and brings forth African melodies to the world. Dobet sings in a variety of African languages, Bété, Fon, Baoule, Lingala, Malinke, Mina and Bambara and her voice and stage presence have enthralled people from all over. In 1999, Colin Laroche, a French guitarist and Dobet formed the band “Ano Neko”, which means “Lets Create Together” in Bété (an African language). They toured widely in France and settled there temporarily due to the instability at Ivory Coast. In 2003, their band expanded when a backup vocalist and a percussionist joined them.
In their performance, musical instruments such as the sanza, the calebasse and bongos accentuate the guitar, the vocal backup and Dobet’s warm and powerful voice.
On Friday, 8th January at 8 pm.
Venue: Taj Banjara, Road No. 1, Banjara Hills Hyderabad.
Entry by passes. Passes available at:
- Kalakriti Art Gallery: 468, Road No. 10, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad. Tel: 66564466
- Alliance Francaise: Street No. 6, Lane No. 1, Road No. 16, West Marredpally, Secunderabad. Tel: 27700734
- Landmark Stores: Somajiguda & Banjara Hills Road No. 12
- Access 2 Future Stores: Jubilee Hills, Banjara Hills, Kukatpally, Narayanguda and Tarnaka. Tel: 9391008397
- Goethe-Zentrum Hyderabad: Hillfort Road, Nampally, Hyderabad. Tel: 65526443.